The evergreen tree of Clove grows up to a height of 36 feet. It has crimson flowers that appear in clusters at the terminal and also has large leaves. Initially, flower’s buds are pale in color that slowly turns green and finally becomes bright red in color that shows it is ready for harvest. During harvesting, branches of the tree are hit with the help of sticks that makes buds fall on to the ground. These buds are then collected & dried to be used for the extraction of clove oils.
A Brief Description of Clove Oil
Clove oil is extracted from the twigs of Syzgium aromaticum that consists of 90-95% Eugenol. Clove has been used for the preparation of culinary curries. Since ancient time, it is used as a flavoring agent for warm beverages. Due to the presence of Eugenol, it exhibits analgesic effect. Furthermore, Clove Oil is also used in dentistry and oral care.
• Clove Oils are obtained from the stem of clove tree that usually grows at a height of 36 feet.
• Dried Stems were used for the extraction of Clove oils in the ancient times.
• Cloves oils were also extracted from leaves as well as buds and hold many therapeutic benefits similar to stem oil.
• In addition to its medicinal usages, clove oils are still a preferred choice for aromatherapy.
• Clove Oils are used in the treatment of nausea, infections, toothache and arthritis.
• This oil exhibits excellent antiseptic as well as analgesic property that makes it an ideal choice for dentistry. This is mainly due to the presence of the active ingredient Eugenol.
• When Clove Oil is applied topically to the skin, it helps in treating many skin problems such as wrinkles, acne, warts, etc.
• Clove Oils also treat digestive problems such as vomiting and nausea.
General Precautionary Measures!
• Clove oil is dermotoxic in nature that is it might cause irritation on the sensitive skin.
• Always dilute Clove Oils with suitable carrier oil before its topical application on the skin.
• Avoid using Clove oils in the mucous membrane, eyes and other sensitive areas.
• Avoid taking this oil for internal health issues.
• Never use Clove Oil for children, pregnant ladies and nursing mother unless recommended by trained and experienced healthcare provider.