Ylang Ylang is a perennial plant that belongs to Anonaceae family of the Plant kingdom. It grows to a height of 20m and has tender, glossy and big leaves. The flowers are pink or yellow or mauve in color.
Historical Uses of Ylang Ylang Oil
• The yellow-colored Ylang Ylang oil was used by French Chemists for its medicinal use during the start of 20thcentury.
• It was used to treat many diseases such as intestinal infections, malaria and typhus.
• Due to its relaxing properties, it was used in the preparation of medicines to provide calming effect for anxiety and stress.
Blends well with
Ylang Ylang essential oil goes well with Sandalwood, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Marjoram , Vetiver.
• Ylang Ylang Oil exhibits many therapeutic properties such as sedative, anti-depressant, brain booster, aphrodisiac, etc.
• It may be used to lower blood pressure and also to fight against infection caused by microorganism.
• The oil can be used to treat eczema.
• It can be used to provide relief from spasm and fight against stress.
General Precautionary Measures!
• Ylang Ylang Oil is considered to be non-irritant and non-toxic in nature. However, it may cause sensitivity to some users when used in an excess amount that could lead to nausea and headache.
• A pregnant lady should use the oil after consulting their healthcare provider.